“Aurora Labs”, “Aurora Labs AS”, “Aurora Labs Online”, “we”, “our”, “us”, all refer to Aurora Labs AS, a company registered in Norway with the organisation number 923670815.
What data do we collect?
Aurora Labs collects the following data:
– Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, residence address, etc.).
– Your location information via the Aurora Forecast App.
– Other specific data in specific circumstances (such as, but not limited to: public names and statements, photographs, birthdays when you submit artwork(s) for the Ar(c)tistic project or comments on the Aurora Labs blog or Aurora Labs Online).
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Aurora Labs with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
– Book online any of our products or services.
– Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our online tools on our website.
– Use or view our website, online platform, apps, blog via your browser’s cookies.
– Geolocate yourself in the Aurora Forecast App.
– Take our online “Learn the Aurora” workshop exam.
– Fill out forms received from Aurora Labs.
– Register an account on Aurora Labs Online.
– Purchase any of our products or services (including courses and workshops on Aurora Labs Online).
– Take part in any of our online discussions.
– Contact us.
Aurora Labs may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
– When you pay for the activities that you book or the products that you purchase, through the payment platform that you use to pay.
How will we use your data?
Aurora Labs collects your data so that we can:
– Process your booking.
– Email you with special offers we think you might like (if you accepted to receive such offers).
– Display weather and auroral information in your location.
– Issue your Aurora Labs certificate.
– Contact you, if needed, for, but not limited to: booking matters, to answer your questions or requests, activity changes, etc.
– Provide you with access to your account and the products that you purchase (such as access to courses on Aurora Labs Online).
– Display your submitted information in discussions sections or within the Ar(c)tistic project.
Note on geolocating: our new Aurora Forecast app can now geolocalise you in order to display information concerning your exact location. We do not store the geolocation data; it is only sent to the online services concerned with getting and processing your geographic coordinates in order to display weather and auroral information.
If you choose to send a report in our Aurora Forecast app, you are sending Aurora Labs your geographic coordinates. These coordinates will not be publicly displayed and your location will not be made available neither on a map, nor otherwise. What we’ll do is use your coordinates to create an area around you. And if someone else (including you!) is located in that area, they will see that a report has been sent. Again, without seeing your exact location. In addition, your coordinates along with your report, will be deleted automatically in 6 hours.
If needed, Aurora Labs may disclose your personal Information to legal administrations, under legal circumstances.
Aurora Labs takes all reasonable measures to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose, under circumstances beyond our control. You accept the security implications of being and transacting on-line, and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
How do we store your data?
Aurora Labs securely stores your data on our system.
Aurora Labs will keep your data until you request, in writing, the removal of such data.
Occasionally, Aurora Labs would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. To opt out, please follow the unsubscribe link in any of our e-mails or contact us.
What are your data protection rights?
Aurora Labs would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
– The right to access – You have the right to request Aurora Labs for copies of your personal data.
– The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Aurora Labs corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Aurora Labs to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
– The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Aurora Labs erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, online platform, apps, blog, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
– Understanding how you use our website, online platform, apps, blog.
– Improve the navigating experience on our website, online platform, apps, blog.
– Provide you with access to your Aurora Labs Online or Aurora Labs Blog account and to the courses you purchase access to.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies that we use:
– Functionality – Aurora Labs uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website, online platform, apps, blog, and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used. These cookies also permit the functioning of the Aurora Labs Online platform and of Aurora Labs Blog.
– Analytics – Aurora Labs uses Google Analytics to analyse traffic on our website, online platform, apps, blog.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website, online platform, apps, blog features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us